Friday, November 8, 2013

A new beginning?

Hello everyone! My name is Stephanie, or Nini for short. I have always been fascinated by people's ideas and how they share them in blogs. I had a talk with my dad the other day, and he convinced me that it would be a great thing to start a blog myself. I come from a very artistic and literal family, and I love writing poetry. Now, I know how that sounds. Everyone says they love writing poetry, and being all Taylor Swift, sitting on her bed and making up crap that sounds good. In fact, I don't do any of that. My poetry, or as I like to call them "word attacks", usually comes late at night, right before I feel myself drift off. It hits like a brick, no joke. It start with a sentence, just a short simple sentence, and it progresses into something much bigger.

But anyway, I'm not here to write about my poetry. I'm  here to write about life. I recently moved to the Netherlands. Huge step! I mean HUGE! I always wanted to move to a bigger country, and experience a whole new world (sounding kind of Disney movie there :p). What I expected was nowhere near what hit me when I finally settled. I don't even remember my first thought. It was insane, just the fact that I finally made it. This is an experience and a journey that I want to share with everyone. I know the feeling of nervousness, not wanting to take the leap because home is comfort. I totally get it. And that's why I want to share the good, the bad, and the ugly sides of taking the leap. And I hope that I can somehow bring courage to those who have always wanted, but never had the guts to just take the chance. I didn't have the guts either, but once I took the leap, I was happy and amazed by what I was capable of. It won't be an easy step, but remember that you are not the only one. There are tons of people going through the same thing. We are all human, and we must be there for each other.

Love & Support!
Nini

No comments:

Post a Comment